This insurance has been designed to provide you with financial protection against the costs of a data breach or interruption.
Why do you need cyber insurance?
- Cyber related losses are now the largest recorded offence in the UK, overtaking physical crime. Data is now more valuable to criminals than assets.
- Cyber losses costs the UK economy £27bn a year
- Average cost of a cyber-breach for a small business £75,000 - £311,000
- Potentially all businesses are responsible for the third party data they hold
- Data is one of your most valuable assetsbut it is also one of the most uninsured exposures
- Systems are critical for performing day to day business activities but downtime due to a cyber attack is not covered by a standard business interruption policy.
- Your reputation is a vital asset, so why not protect it?
- In the event of a mistake or attack the costs of a breach could be significant.